Friday, June 1, 2007

From London to Ireland

So its been awhile since I wrote my last blog, and since then I left London have been to Dublin for a day, Galway for two, and am now in Dingle.

Its safe to say I fell in love with London - it really is a great city in many many ways. The weekend was excellent - spent much of Friday with Dave and Ana, then hung out with them and a bunch of their business school friends - many of them were out there to celebrate one of their former classmate's (who now lives in London) birthday. I stayed there until I had to catch my tube stop back home, then said goodbye and went and actually met up with Ben and a bunch of his friends - it was a very long but very good evening. The next day I met up in the late afternoon with my friend Mike Smaglick from back home. We got dinner, walked around a bit, and then went out with Ben and company again to a small pub and then a night club which was a blast.

Sunday was my last full day in London, and I walked around with Ann over to the British Museum, Westminster Cathedral, St Paul's Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, and many other sites. It was really nice having her with me telling me all these things I would never have known about London itself and the sites we saw. It was a bit bittersweet though, knowing that the next day I'd be leaving London.

Since then I've been going about Ireland - spent only one night in Dublin (though will be going there again tomorrow) so I didn't get to see much. Galway was really nice - small, college-town type place with a real nice square which everything seems centered around. Yesterday we arrived in Dingle Town in the Dingle Peninsula, which so far has been my favorite part of the country. The town is nice and small, the people are great, and peninsula is stunning. Last nigh we went to a pub and heard some real good traditional Irish music - unfortunately we only caught the tail end of their performance, but it was enough to make me buy their CD. Can't wait to find a CD player. Today, Mike and I took bikes out and went around the peninsula - it was gorgeous and although we were aching by the end of the day, I think we'd both say it has been the best thing we've done in Ireland.

So anyways there is my second update of the trip - I'll probably put up another post once I've been in Barcelona for a little while - my flight leaves Sunday evening - and I'll get those pictures up soon.

Cheers,
Matt

No comments: