Friday, July 6, 2007

done with school...bittersweet....

So I just finished a take-home final exam (how convenient) and am unoffically done with my summer "semester" in Barcelona - its nice to be done with academics for awhile, but I am going to miss this city. I still have a week of hanging around here in Barcelona, but lots of people from the program are going elsewhere or back home. Thankfully we all have this last weekend together to go out in style.

Since Sant Joan, I've been quite busy - the whole school part of studying abroad really kicked in, and I had a lot less time to do what I pleased. I did however in that time get to see the Temple de la Sagrada Familia, which might be the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Seeing as its construction has now gone on for over a hundred years (and there's still tons left to do) its amazing to think what the completed project will look like.

Socially, weekends have continued to be incredible- I keep thinking how much I am starting to dislike the idea of returning home to the 2 am bar closing time - like I've told many of you, 2 am here on a Friday or Saturday is when people really get things going - clubs don't fill in until 3 or 3:30. But one can always hope that there will be drastic improvements/changes to the nightlife back home...or probably not.

I am however looking forward to checking out southern Spain as well as Paris and the southwestern part of Germany - I still have three weeks of travel left, and will have much more to tell you then. Also, I have a good amount of pictures to post yet, so keep an eye open for those.

-Matt

No comments: